Thursday, February 28, 2008

Yum Yum

I LOVE to cook and have been on a kick of trying to recreate food that you get at restaurants. It helps us save money and has been really rewarding. I've been able to recreate most aspects of my favorite Mexican chicken salads but could never get the lime rice quite right. I was watching the noon news and they spotlighted this recipe. I haven't tried it yet but I couldn't resist sharing it with the dressing that has also eluded me.

Lime Rice

1 c rice
1 T butter
2 cloves garlic
Zest of 1 lime
2 c chicken broth
Juice of one lime
3T chopped cilantro

Combine Butter garlic lime zest and broth. Boil and add rice. Reduce and simmer 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and add lime and Cilantro.

Mexican Ranch

1 C buttermilk
3/4 c mayo
1/4 c cilantro
1 package ranch dressing
4T salsa verde
2 cloves garlic
1/2 t Tabasco
Juice of 1 lime

Blend in blender/food processer

Enjoy!

1 comment:

DKSBrayton said...

Love it! That is what Dan made me for my birthday. Here is the copy cat recipes that we used. I just found them on some girls blog through a google search. http://emalina49a.blogspot.com/2007/06/yummy-recipes.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails