Saturday, February 04, 2012

fertility: Ovarian Resistance

Our January IVF was canceled on day 9 and I was diagnosed with Ovarian Resistance.  Ovarian Resistance has been known as Premature Ovarian Failure (POF) and Early Menopause. 


"Premature ovarian failure occurs when your ovaries-which store and release eggs-stop working before age 40. You may have no or few eggs. " Web MD I have few eggs.


How common is this?  Web MD says 1-4% American women are diagnosed with POF.


Is there anything we can do?  No, there is no cure or treatment. 10% of Women with POF will conceive naturally once after their body goes into POF.  

We are hoping to do one more cycle of traditional IVF.  Then we are hoping to adopt. 

I'm sure the Lord has a plan for us.  We are trying to listen for what that is.  This is something so completely out of our control.  There isn't much we can do except "Let It Be."

5 comments:

the splendid life of us... said...

I have been where you are at, a cross roads of sorts in trying to build your family. It is overwhelming trying to listen and follow His plan. I pray that the IVF will work, but if comes to the point of choosing adoption and you have questions or just want to talk about it feel free to email me.

Brenley
bbergers@gmail

Blair and Leslie said...

I want to comment because I want you to know how much you are loved, but I don't know what to write. Heavenly Father does have a plan for you, but it can be difficult to listen and follow his plan when you think you want something different. I want you to know that I will continue to pray for you.

Jacob said...

Sometimes we struggle while dealing with similar issues E. At times we are fine how things are turning out and other times wonder why. But in the end we chug along with faith that God is watching over us.

Tiffany Sue said...

I love you, HUGS to you.

Courtenay Beth said...

You are right, He does have a plan, don't you forget it! I pray that you'll be able to carry a baby of your very own, and if an adoption miracle is is your future, then blessed be!! I love you friend! DI date? Soon? xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails