Saturday, June 28, 2008



When we got new furniture it was more formal then we planned. Instead of putting the bookcase in a backroom and never seeing it, I decided to take the offer mom gave us 2 years ago to refinish it. I also made some repairs that were needed that couldn't have happened without refinishing. I've documented the changes on the back of the bookcase for posterity and I hope that this piece of furniture can be morphed by my adult children. I hope that it will be a symbol of ingenuity, resourcefulness, and the bonds family share. It will always remind me of family who cares about us.

In keeping with the overall feeling of the bookcase I've attempted some stencil work. It's not great but I tried!


1 comment:

Meg said...

I think it looks awesome! I love the baskets and the stencil is great - it looks really good. I think you did a great job.

Related Posts with Thumbnails