Sunday, July 04, 2010

project: Bedroom

Well, I promised I wouldn't share any more bad cell phone pictures, but our good friend Anna couldn't wait. So here's our new, to us, bedroom.




I painted the walls Puritan Gray by Benjamin Moore, and our $20 headboard and foot board Strawflower by Rustoleum. I also hung our revamped nightstands above the bed for storage.





I found a chandelier perusing the free section of the classifieds and painted it black. Along with some $12 shades from JC Penny it works nicely above our bed. I LOVE our black and white "black out" curtains. They were a must have with the twins!





(I THINK the weird shadows on the walls are coming from the chandelier)

Last spring I painted our dresser black. I pulled the chair from the basement. Although, I'm thinking I may try to finish this one and put it up here instead. Unfortunately we couldn't squeeze a new TV into the budget, so we mounted a computer monitor and use a laptop to watch movies.

We're not done. I need to cover the cords, touch up paint, and find some fun art for the walls. Our room is small and cozy but for less then $100 I'm pretty happy with it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks amazing!! I would have never thought about mounting a computer monitor on the wall. Very Clever!

Jacob said...

Looks fantastic.

Anna said...

I love the colors! Or rather the black and white. And the night stands above your bed - we had to do that in Sacto. (Our room was so small we couldn't even open our bedroom door!) You're coming to do our bedroom now that you're done with yours, right?!

Related Posts with Thumbnails