Saturday, January 24, 2009

After reading Leslie's post about her struggle with infertility I thought I'd post again about our experiences. We've had minor testing done-mostly enough to know that the problem exists with me, E. I am reluctant to continue testing for some unknown reason I have yet to analyze in myself (money? disappointment? wasted time if we have to adopt anyway?). What it really comes down to is I feel strongly that now is the time for us to foster children. Will we have children come into our family permanently through this experience? Maybe. We're open to that option. Mainly I feel like I have something to give or receive through this experience. Is it going to be hard? You bet it is. Harder then I know. But I am grateful for the opportunity J and I have been given to remember the promises that have been made to us, to follow through on promptings, and to have our capacity enlarged.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you!! You two are so perfect to be a foster parents. I admire so much what you are doing! I probably don't let you know enough how much a have always admired you E! Keep blogging about it. MUCH LOVE!
~Erin

DKSBrayton said...

Well put! You will be awesome at it! Love ya!

Jacob said...

We're so excited for both of you. Now we'll have you both to unload on that may understand our problems/issues with the foster kids. It's quite the unique situation. The tough part is to always remember, that even though your home would always be better than what the birthparents may have, that it just has to meet the minimum requirements for the kids to go home. It was tough at first, but easier as things have moved on. Good luck.

Karen K. said...

I cannot begin to understand what dealing with infertility is like. I admire you for what you're doing, your positive attitude and wish you the best.

Thank you also for offering the books while I was in Utah. I was snow bound and also without a car--unless I borrowed Sarah's. I wish I could read your books now though! I just re-read Marley and Me and am now reading another book I've read before. I read a review for one titled "The Greatest Thing Since sliced Bread" or something like that. (I probably butchered the title.) Something about a little boy trekking across the city or something. The reviewer really liked it. Anyway, thanks again and I hope you found something good to read that wasn't too much fluff. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails