Wednesday, June 10, 2009

project: ottoman

I finally finished the ottoman just after the kids came. It was super easy and for the price tag I love it! I finally found the fabric at Home Fabrics.

1. Frist I laid the fabric over the ottoman right side in towards the ottoman

2. I pinned out my seams. I didn't cut anything. I just pinned the fabric together so it hugged the ottoman closely. I ended up with triangles of excess fabric emanating form the ottoman like spokes. No measuring.

3. Using the sewing machine I sewed along my seams

4. Now you cut out the extra fabric so it has a nice smooth appearance.

5. Using a staple gun, staple to the underside frame working one staple at a time. Alternate sides of the ottoman with each staple. If it was a compass you'd go North then south east then west rotate and repeat.

Here's our finished product.











It's not perfect. It has a little bit of an octogon shape on the top where the seams show. If I were a better seamstress I'd have done a better job on that part. Total project cost, including the ottoman and fabric was under $100.

2 comments:

DKSBrayton said...

Woohoo! I love it!

Whitmer Family said...

Nice work, you are so ambitious. I'm not. Sad. For me, not you. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails