Thursday, July 09, 2009

Finished!

Many of you know that I've been completely involved in a huge project at work that ended up having the delivery date slip by over a month. It could be labeled as one of the biggest projects we've ever worked on and to top it off, our department of 2 was at half staff for a good portion of it. My cohort got hit with the swine flu, followed by a vacation. I had a couple sick days myself and barely managed to sneak away for the family reunion.

And even better, Mom and Dad were here for a good portion of that time and I ended up looking like a work-a-holic. I really missed being able to spend time with them and hope they'll come back soon when things aren't so crazy.

Last night, we decided to make the push and just get this project done. It took some effort but we got it out the door and running with minimal interruption and after a full day of monitoring, things seem to be going very smoothly. I can't tell you how glad we are to have it in production and to not be worrying how many other projects would have to slip because of it.

3 comments:

Jacob said...

slacker

Meg said...

Must feel good to have it done! Maybe Dave will tell me about it when he emerges from our bedroom :)
You guys are rockstars.

Whitmer Family said...

Erica told me you had been busy at work! Yay, so glad it's done!

Related Posts with Thumbnails