Friday, June 18, 2010

project: Hard Water Stains

Ok so I have to tell you the best secret to window washing in Utah. We have hard water and my windows were all gunked up from the sprinklers hitting them. They were filmy and BAD. This spring I saw somewhere (maybe STUDIO 5?) to put jet dry, liquid dish soap and vinegar together in a squirt bottle and go at it. IT IS FABULOUS! I've used vinegar alone before but it never got the hard water stains off. This mixture is the BOMB. Plus, the jet dry works like it does in your dishwasher and the water just sheets off you windows. You want my version of the recipe? Here it is!

1 TBS liquid dish soap
4 TBS Vinegar
1 TSP Jet Dry or equivalent product
1 Liter of water

You may need to adjust the amounts to your needs.

Dump it all in a squirt bottle shake it up and start washing.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll to give it a try!!

Sean and Steph said...

How do we feel about this working on shower doors or even shower tile??? You are better at these domestic things than me!! :)

E and J said...

I'd try it. I used it to clean my floors the other day. Just don't mix bleach with vinegar, it creates a toxic gas.

GiffordGrams said...

I am going to try it on the glass doors in our shower! Thanks

Courtenay Beth said...

you are so. cool.

Related Posts with Thumbnails