Saturday, September 20, 2008

No I Didn't Edit the Prediction Blog

44 to zero. Nuff said!

Okay, I'll give you a little more. Many told me over and over that after shutting out UCLA, BYU couldn't pull it off 2 games in a row. At first, I believed them and on Monday I was giving the Pokes 7 points against BYUs 44. After researching and thinking a lot about it, I decided to believe in my team and so on Wednesday I updated by pick on the board at work as well as on cougarfan.com and gave the Cougars their first back to back shut out since 1985.

I was more confident that the team could shut Wyoming out than I was that we would only score 44 points, but not only do we shut the opponent out 2 weeks in a row but we also got to see the backups start coming into the game with 4 minutes left in the game. We even got to see the 3rd string QB this week.

This bodes really well for the program. If there was one thing I worried about the most it was about depth in the upcoming years. It's fabulous to see the newer guys get in and get that game experience that is so necessary to develop a player.

BYU gets a bye week and to celebrate, I think I'll take Erica out east to spend time with Mom and Dad. I think we'll even go see the Braytons at the farm and Jesse and Melissa in Ohio. Got room for us?

BYUs next game is Friday Oct 3 at Utah St. All I have to say is 49 to 0. That's right, I'm predicting the first ever back to back to back shutouts in BYU football history.

See ya out East!

PS - oh yeah, GO Duhhckssss. Oops.

3 comments:

E and J said...

Before you complain to me (Erica) Jason writes the BYU posts. If you are Duck fan, I'm sorry! He didn’t mean to rub your nose in the loss unless your name is Sean. It’s really just a little brotherly love stemming from years of patronizing Pac-10 "BYU can't run with the middle of the pack." He really does like the ducks second best-or at least he tells me that.

Courtenay Beth said...

SO funny! Erica, all the other football posts, I am thinking, DANG this girl has turned into SUCH a football guru...not that you couldn't be, I was just really impressed with all the passion and lingo and attention to detail in all your football posts! LOL! Now I am sure you are just as enthusiastic as Jason, how could you not be right? I am laughing so hard at my perception of you when I thought you had been writing those posts! oh man...so funny! Well, hope all is well, keep us all updated on the fostering and crafty bedroom ideas, you've done such a great job so far! Love you
Court

Anonymous said...

Ok I will admit that BYU and Boise State have good teams. The other thing they have going for them is they aren't hurting for Quarterbacks and their coaching seems to be far superior to the Ducks. But as the Ducks found out a little too late on Saturday they do have the next Dennis Dixon! A kid by the name of Darron Thomas!!! This guy came in and tossed the pigskin for over 200yrds and 3 TDS in the 4th quarter!!! In two weeks the Ducks go to USC and just watch as Darron Thomas upsets the Trojans! GO DUCKS!!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails