Friday, November 21, 2008

Aida Twilight and Girls Night Out


I'm not cool enough to remember my camera when I go out on nights like this. I had an amazing night starting with HCTO production of Aida. It was so well done especially considering space! I can't wait to have season tickets to the Hale!

On a Twilighter 1-10 scale of obsession I am firmly at a 5. I've read the books a couple of times- even stood in a midnight line to get the last book. But I don't wear T-shirts or dream of the main players. That being said, I was so excited to go out with the girls and see the midnight showing last night after Aida. I really think the movie stayed true to the book. But if I hadn't read the books I don't think I would have enjoyed it. In my mind it's not a stand alone movie. There wasn't enough dialog to support the romance for me. My opinion is not popular though. I'd love to know what you thought of the movie. Come on we all know you'll see it.

I am also a big fan of Aplebee's after 9. Whooo Hooo for half off aptz and virgin daiquiris!

3 comments:

Meg said...

It definitely was a fun girls night out. We need to that more often! Maybe get home before 3 am next time :)

Sean and Steph said...

I gave it a very solid 6. I would have gone with your 5, but the movie made me hate Edward less (as I am Team Jacob). I thought the casting was great, the makeup was terrible, and I REALLY don't remember the dialogue being that... lame... but I still love the books! Sounds like you had a great night!

Anonymous said...

I saw the Hale Center Theater's Aida as well. I also thought it was very well done. We need to get together sometime, friend. Love you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails