Sunday, November 16, 2008

Ward Choir

So, anyone that's visited our ward when the choir sings will know that it is not something taken lightly. Typically it feels like the entire congregation is getting up and going to the front while a few remain to listen.

It's a wonderful choir and they just recently released our director of the past 3 years. He did a wonderful job and we sang some wonderful songs.

The new director made a comment this morning that really made me think about why I participate in the ward choir. I used to think it was because I needed to keep working on my talent or lose it. Our director said that the chance to sing in church is to raise your testimony in song. I think at times we lose sight of that and it I thank her for bringing that to mind again. She also mentioned that when we focus on the words and the testimony being sung, it's much easier for the mechanics of singing to just flow rather than being forced and words will be pronounced correctly and the song will not only bring the spirit in but it should uplift all that listen.

I hope that I can keep that in mind as we move into the Christmas season and begin practicing songs from that wonderful night so many years ago when the Savior of the World was born among men. He is our true example and I give my testimony that He lives and loves us.

J

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails