Sunday, February 22, 2009

trips: Weekend Get-a-way!

I love Midway! We got away for the weekend and stayed at the Homestead. The place was great! (the food was awful.)

Here's a recap of my Birthday weekend!

E trying to X country ski. Notice I'm on my butt!

J and E at the awesome dueling ice carving competition at Soldier Hollow.

So we left our camera at home and this is the best we could do with the cameras on our phones. This is an eagle standing on one wing.

This is a giraffe it even had spots! course you can't see that with the camera phone. =)

They must have known we were celebrating my birthday because they also gave a fireworks show! We were so lucky to go during Winterfest. I think it will be a great family tradition to go up every February and celebrate winter with the great town of Midway!


We ate at this little "whole in the wall" in Heber called the Hub. I love those little places that feel like they've been around 4ever! Not something you'd find easily in Utah County!

7 comments:

Meg said...

I'm so glad you guys had fun!

Meg said...

(Oh and cute background) :)

Gifford Grams said...

The pictures look great! and it looks like you had a good time.
Happy Birthday

Jacob said...

Happy Birthday btw.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Happy Birthday Erica!

The Seaton Family said...

Happy Birthday Dawn!! I wish we lived closer so that I could take you out on the town or something! Looks like you guys have been having fun though. Still . . I miss you! XO

Whitmer Family said...

A weekend get a way! I am so jealous! I don't know what those are anymore. I'd even give anything for a family vacation! I'm glad you guys had a great time! Love you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails