Friday, March 27, 2009

foster: Rewards

Today I found out the G has been talking about me to her friends and I'm cool! G likes to imitate me. She likes what I like and doesn't like what I don't like. When I visited G's school last week she was excited to see me and gave me a big hug.

Little G gave me a kiss on the lips today. We've been blowing kisses all week and finally he landed one on me! I've had several people from their old neighborhood tell me Little G is a handful, but I've found him to be happy playful and very obedient.

I get tons of information and inquiries in the parking lot of G's school. We didn't switch G's school so a lot of people know the kids from their old neighborhood. Everyone wants to know how the kids are adjusting and who we are. I think it is very sweet. It really shows how much these children are loved wherever they go.

I thought I'd blog about some of the positives that I've experienced as a Foster Parent. Thank you for all of the inquiries and I'm so pleased with how many of you have expressed a desire to meet them! They are sweet, special children and we love having them here!

3 comments:

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

How great is that?! I'm glad to hear your hard work is paying off. The kids sound very sweet. It looks like you're doing an awesome job! :)

Meg said...

It doesn't surprise me at all that G thinks you're cool. I think you are AMAZING with her. Parenting comes so naturally to you and J - again, not a surprise to me at all. You guys are awesome.

Courtenay Beth said...

The cool thing...DUH! You are SO cool! I just know she idealizes you:) I am so happy you get to have these little ones in your home. I've said it before and I'll say it again, what lucky kids! Love you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails