Monday, March 16, 2009

foster: Shelter Care

The call finally came today for us to help out! E got a call this morning and asked if we would do shelter care for a brother and sister, ages 1 and 7 respectively.

If you're not sure what shelter care is, it's basically a short term care while the state looks for and considers placement with other family members.

They got here right around 12:30 this afternoon. I was home for lunch and got to meet them briefly. So far we've had a really fun time.

I'll let E post more later if she wants.

J

8 comments:

Jacob said...

Have fun...hopefully things so well with your first placements.

Sean and Steph said...

I am so excited that you guys have this opportunity! I hope it goes well for you!

Daniel and Tiffany Ward said...

Congratulations!! That's awesome, I hope everything goes well.

Chad and Jessica said...

how exciting! I'm glad it's off to a good start! Can't wait to hear more : )

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

That's awesome! I hope everything goes well and I can't wait to hear some more! :)

Lyndsie said...

That is so exciting!!! I bet you guys will have so much fun with these little kids!!!

Jesse said...

I promised Jason I wouldn't read this until the color scheme was changed because it hurts my eyes...but Congrats! Ready for more details!

The Seaton Family said...

I'm really excited for you guys! I think you will be perfect for this. I'm thinking especially of all those times crying on your shoulder Dawn. When I was weak you were always so strong. I love you. Those kids are so lucky to have you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails