Wednesday, March 18, 2009

craft: Fly a Kite

We’ve had so much fun outside now that the sun has come to play and it’s warm! We've really loved seeing our neighbors out enjoying the sun too! Our friends played with us tonight and we were so excited to fly a kite down our cul-de-sac! We couldn’t get it up for long but if someone ran with it it’d float just long enough for us all to ooooh and ahhhhh!

There is something magical about flying a kite. Robert B. Sherman’s musical includes an unforgettable song about flying your very own kite.

With tuppence for paper and strings,
you can have your own set of wings.
With your feet on the ground,
you're a bird in flight!
With your fist holding tight,
to the string of your kite!.....

When you send it flying up there,
all at once your lighter than air!
You can dance on the breeze,
over 'ouses and trees!
With your fist 'olding tight,
to the string your kite!

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height
Let's go fly a kite
And send it soaring
Up through the atmosphere
Up where the air is clear
Oh, let's go fly a kite!

I'm looking forward to reliving this experience again and again! Tomorrow G and I are planning to make kites of our own! If you’d like to make your own kite with us we've chosen this site to teach us.

3 comments:

DKSBrayton said...

I LOVE the cute updates and I love the cute new look of your blog! It's very YOU and very cute!

Anonymous said...

I took the girls kite flying this day as well! I agree with you on the magic of kite flying. I hope you had as much fun as we did!!

In the words of C (and she was yelling it) "Let the kite races BEGIN!"

Chad and Jessica said...

Oooh, I love the new background. Kites really are magical...I completely agree, what a wonderful activity to do together! It reminds me of Finding Neverland.

I know those kids are in a happy and supportive home, filled with love. Don't feel inadequate, you're a superstar. Just take it day by day. Relationships take time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails