Tuesday, March 10, 2009

fun: Modern Traditional

I've had a hard time defining my design style. I used to be traditional. Now I'm more contemporary. The problem is there are still some traditional pieces that I LOVE. The internal conflict has been how do I combine these two design styles?

Woodson and Rummerfield are in LA and I definitely like some things that they've done. I love how they mixed traditional with modern for this homeowner.


Dark chocolate is not a traditional wall color. I love how they paired that with the updated antique headboard. The mirrored side table and lamps I LOVE and I think this room is super cute!
I love the classic lines of the chair and table contrasting with the retro mirror.



The chairs table and stair railing are more modern but the chandelier and nick knacks are traditional. I love how warm this combination makes the room feel.


I also love this chair by Philippe Starck. It's a Louise the XVI chair that has been done in Lucite-a clear acrylic. It's no wonder this chair has been advertised as the Ghost chair!




Here's a peak at what inspires me. What inspires you?

1 comment:

Whitmer Family said...

Erica, you are so darn cute, and I love your style. I am too chicken to do anything daring! I'm glad you are feeling better, and enjoyed your trip to visit J's family. I spent last weekend visiting our family, and got to see Brinley get baptized! Yeah!

Related Posts with Thumbnails