Saturday, March 14, 2009

project: Landscape Class

I've been taking a landscape class through UVU Community Education. It's been a great class and I've learned alot about lawn care, plants, fertilizer, landscape design and much much more! I think for me the best part has been gaining a little bit of confidence. Knowledge coupled with great resources really empowers me and gets me excited to experiment. Last week the instructor looked at our house (including our dreamings for our house) and gave me a customized plan to get started with. I really like the initial plan and I am so grateful that he would take the time to do this for everyone in the class. Today I'm looking for plants that will fit into the plan. Some of the things I'm looking for are large shrubs, an apple tree, and a focal point for the backyard. Here's a bad scan of the plans. Our house sits right in the middle facing the bottom. Our driveway is at the bottom right. The garage and back part of the house don't exist yet.

I'd recomend this class to anyone here in Utah County. It is a great opportunity to learn a lot for a little price tag!

2 comments:

Whitmer Family said...

I love the plan! It all seems so exciting to have someone come in and give you a plan. . . good luck!

Jared Turner said...

We offer landscape design services in the utah county and surrounding areas. It is great to see UVU offering classes that can beautify our neighborhoods and yards. See what we can offer at landscape design by tiptonlandscaping.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails