Friday, August 21, 2009

craft: Picture Schedule

Alright. I figure it's time for some pictures. We are super busy with appointments. I mean crazy busy. SOooo, to give the kids a sence of control I wanted to do a picture schedule. I have done this with other kids using these black boards, but these kids are so scheduled I didn't want to be erasing it all the time. This is what I came up with.

I started with an Ikea magnet board and sanded it.



Using some spray paint I made it match my house.


Next came the hard part. Using clipart, I found images to match our life style. Things like Potty, wash hands, doctor, car seats, sleep, you get the idea.
I printed them on card stock, then protected the card stock with clear contact paper.


Next came the easiest part! 2 sided tape holds the magnents to the back of my cards. You can buy the rolls of magnets with tape already on them if you like but I wanted a stronger magnet.


Ikea also has littl magnetic boxes for like $3. They are perfect to hold all my cards in. Everything I need is in one easy place. Love It!


If you decided to do this project I'd love to know what some of you images are. I'm always in the market for new ideas!

1 comment:

Meg said...

We have one of these too! I haven't figured out where to hang in though, so it doesn't get much use. Yours looks great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails