Thursday, August 06, 2009

problem

Does anyone else want to do their counters with me. I'm set on this black granite look from Rustoleum. The problem is I'd have to special order it. It comes in cases of 6 and my tiny kitchen will only need 1 or 2 cans. I'd love to split the cost with you if you wanna. We're coming to Oregon for Thanksgiving so don't let distance stop you!

Update: It's 7 something a can. For all six it'll be $42+.

To achieve this look I plan on the following:

1. Clean counters with TSP
2. 2 coats of KILZ primer
3. 2 coats of black paint
4. LIGHTLY spray spray paint on
5. After completely dry use 2 boxes of EnviroTex Lite to smooth and seal ($20 a 1/2 galon after 40% off at Roberts)
6. Use small propane torch to get rid of bubbles

Planning on not using my kitchen counters for 4 days.

I have the kilz and black paint from past projects. so for me to do this project it'll cost about $65 including 2 cans of spray paint. (I'm hoping to borrow the torch.)

2 comments:

Whitmer Family said...

Purely curious...what does it cost?

Gifford Grams said...

Can't wait to see how it comes out. Wish I was there to help.

Related Posts with Thumbnails