Monday, August 17, 2009

foster: Post

I loved this post from Another Small Adventure. I just thought this was so beautiful I had to share it.

"Many times I hear people say how they can't do foster care because they can't bear to let go. Letting go is hard....but the Lord is there to help you through it. You are not left empty or alone.....you are filled with the knowledge that what you did was good and the Lord is happy with your service to HIS child. He will not let you suffer...He will bless you with a greater capacity to understand and to love. No loss goes unnoticed or uncounted.
There will come a day when you will reap the benefits of being counted among those who would love a child of God.

I share these things with you out of love....love truly makes little things grow. My heart has grown through little things...little tiny people who needed someone....little moments that are only known between me, a special child and God...moments when I was mothering someone who really needed a mother. And then there are those little moments when the Lord has whispered to me that He is pleased with me and that I am loved. In those little moments my heart changed and will never be the same!
The great thing about this is that these little moments don't just happen to me...they can happen to you too.
Are you ready?"~ ANOTHER SMALL ADVENTURE

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails